Friday, October 3, 2008

The AP August 2007

Here are pictures from my trip to the Arabian Peninsula last summer (August 2007) Don't worry I wasn't in a war zone or anything like that! :)


Here is our bathroom. Tere is a "western potty" and a "squatty potty."



Here is Laurie trying on a berka. We got to have tea in this little bedouin village. The ladies gave us a couple of berkas to take home. :) We had tea and dates. (it's a fixture over there)

Do you see the big black thing on my hand???? THAT IS A BUG!! There are these Beetles with really really hard backs.
This is the entrance way to the living room of the house we stayed in!
Here is where I stayed with my mom and BFF!!
Here is a BIG feast we had on the floor. But remember not to show the soles of your feet to anyone and only pass things with your right hand. The left is for wiping. :)
Here is my money!!! I am rich!!!! One "Restaurant" and one is a bathroom.

Here is the living room where we talked and stuff.



here is the house, like, 15 of us stayed in when we visited this tiny town called Schwamea (sp?) Right on the beach!!!
Do you see the MASSIVE spider??
Here is Laurie petting the baby camel at the camel farm. :)
Here I am on the beach being extremely immodest! (ankles galore!)

My mom, Zaheed, me, Saheed, Laurie. Look at the GREEN grass!

That camel is looking RIGHT at me!!! I love him!
These camels were scratching themselves on the truck! :)
I'm drinking camels milk! Not so good but I wasn't about to miss out on an experience like that!


Me and Laurie best friendin it up on a cliff!
About to leave! You can't tell from this picture but Chase SURPRISED me and came to say good bye! :D
The living room of another house we stayed in.



Laurie and I covered up. :)






3 comments:

  1. Wow what an experience! I love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's some pretty amazing stuff. I wipe with my right hand, so if I go over there, I guess I'll have to switch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing i was so close to all those areas when i was in the navy but never saw it the way you did...

    ReplyDelete