Monday, July 28, 2008

Wedding Log stardate 7.28.2008 AKA: the dress






I think I have found my dress!!!! I have to see if they can do the kinds of alterations I'm wanting though.






There have been other dresses that I thought were "the ones" before though. And I've only been engaged for a month! :) (I enjoy fashion.)














Dress No.1
This was one I saw online and liked immediately. It was summery and flowy and simple but elegant. And the back of it is really cool! It's an X across your back and then ties together at the ends and the tail falls down the back of the dress. It was a little low cut but it looked so beautiful on the model I figured I could make it work. Unfortunately I have quite a bit more chest to fit into the dress... So I cried when I tried it on because I THOUGHT it was my dream dress and it ended up looking kind of trashy on me. :( So I moved on from that dress and tried on....




Dress No.2





It was from David's Bridal and I had a picture of it in a magazine that I carried with me so I had shown pretty much everyone. I tried this one on before Dress No.1 and it was still flowy and summery and very simple but more modest. And we were going to see if we could put a similiar back strapping as Dress No.1. When we left that is the one I wanted...UNTIL I saw....






Dress No.3
This is one I just saw in a Bridal magazine. It was very similar to Dress No.2, which at the time I was attracted to because of it's simple beauty, but it was a little TOO simple and Dress. No.3 was more interesting. It was flowy and and I LOVED all the detailing. Too bad they don't sell it anywhere in Utah. You can ONLY order it online. I was a bit weary of ordering my WEDDING dress online and it was also a little low cut. I'm sure we could add some fabric to the bust or something but it would end up looking very different I think. It's perfect just how it is and it just may not be for me. Luckily I found....






Dress No.4


THE ONE...at the moment. It is more grand and fancy than what I originally had in mind but it's still really light and the top comes up to a modest but comfortable height. And it's still interesting enough for me with the diagonal pleats. It looks grecian, which I love, and chase will too. I'm going to look into getting different detailing on it, maybe lace or some type of flowery design because, as weird as it is, I feel like the diamondy detailing might be a little too fancy for me. I dunno! We'll see. But right now, this is the one! :) Shout out to MARY'S BRIDAL!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I LOVE the dresses! ALL of them! You will look gorgeous in which ever one ends up being "it." Can't wait to see more details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gorgeous! I liked the diamond details though! But actually, I can see what you're saying... the diamonds may be too different from the style you're going for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love #2 & 4, but you already knows this!

    ReplyDelete