Monday, August 18, 2008

Wedding Log stardate 08.18.2008 AKA: the plans

So.......WE RESERVED OUR CEREMONY AND RECEPTION SITE.
So. We have the ceremony site out of the way and the reception site and I have the dress (pretty much).

Wow. I'm getting married. I think it just hit me...well, it hit me when we reserved the ceremony site...($500 NON-refundable deposit)

Wedding plans so far: (I don't mind putting these up because the only peopl who will read this will be invited!)
Ceremony site: Silver Fork Lodge

Reception site: Spruces campground - log cabin/pavilion thingy
Dress: Alberta with brown raw silk sash and aqua embroidery detailing

Centerpieces: moms beachy, summery, vases with flowers and branches (they look SOOOOOO GOOD!) + Chases linea ivory material flowers with copper wire stems (also GOREGEOUS!)

Decorations: white table clothes, centerpieces, possibly sting lights (even though it will be in the afternoon...I still dig the idea), An arch for the ceremony, some sort of fabric or ribbon to wrap around the chairs
Time: 10:30 - 6:00ish (this is all very approx.)

Party Favors: white buckets with my wedding colored jelly bellies

Pary Attire:
---Girls: aqua & brown cotton sundresses
---Boys: khaki pants + brown shirts OR chocolate brown suits w/aqua ties

Chase Attire: whatever he wants

Pastor to Marry us: Gregg Higgins

Cake: Cheesecake + candy
Flowers: unsure... Lillies and/or orchids

Food: lunch. Grilled chicken + salads (green, potatoe, pasta, macaroni etc.) + fruits + veggies
OR
Dutch oven (meat, potatoes, veggies) + D.O. peach cobbler + D.O. brownies
&
Cheese cake and candy (a lot of sweet stuff!)

Lines:
---Rachel's: Laurie Barton (MOH), Chau Trinh, Breana Ashby Norton, Trysten Johanssen (possibly)
---Chase's: Nathan Norton(best man/older brother), Josh Noys, Dan Gibson, Brandon Faucett (possibly) Keith Gunnerson (possibly), Jacob Mantz (possibly)...Chase has more friends than me...

What else...

Music: Working on a list as we speak...up to 35 songs (if anyone has any suggestions...)
Photographer: Meggo Kunz :) + MILLIONS of disposable cameras for the guests

Videographer: *AHHHHHH moment of wedding planning* I have friends who do very goood, very reasonably priced wedding videography. They did my best friends wedding and I just assumed they could do mine...unfortunately they may have another wedding that day. MAY. We will see. It was the one thing I thought I wouldn't have to decide... *sigh*

Honeymoon: Mexico most likely. No definite plans though. We want a beach honeymoon where we can do an assortment of water activites and hike and bike and shop and swim etc. :)





I think that is everything that has been decided! And I think we are ahead of the curve...















2 comments:

  1. Oooo I vote Dutch Over peach cobbler + cheesecake! YUM!!:) I'm excited to see you in your pretty dress!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I love the plans! They all sound so fun! Can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete