Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wedding Log Stardate 09.18.2008 AKA: the save-the-dates

So, Chase and I (mostly I) decided to order some save-the-date cards since all of our family is coming from out of town (all of mine from out-of-state) and some of our groomsmen and brides are also from out of town. We only ordered 50 because we only wanted to send them to people that maybe we don't talk to much and the we really wanted there. So, don't feel bad if you don't receive one...they're not the official invites.

We had a few different choices, no one give their input as to which one we should choose because we have already chosen and it was a compromise between Chase and I because it was surprisingly important to both of us and we DID not love the same ones. I liked pretty much all of them EXCEPT the one Chase liked the most. So, we had her combine some of them and then compromised on which one we chose. :) That's what marriage is all about right?




This was the first one we received. It was very cute and our colors but we both thought it was a little girly with the polka dots. And it just had the three small pictures.



























This is the second we were sent. I really really liked the lay-out of this one but it wasn't our colors. Chase liked this one more than the first but less than the third. We both really liked the larger picture with the 3 smaller pictures.















This is the third one we got. This is the one I liked the least. I didn't like the turquoise background behind the larger picture and the random jewel in the corner and I was drawn to the horizontal ones too. Chase liked the leathery brown look with the turquoise color. He thought it was the most interesting...



























So, she sent us these three and we talked about it and we both liked different thing so I let her know what I liked and what Chase liked and she made these two...




I really liked this one. I enjoy the aqua color more than the brown so I liked that it was mainly aqua. And I liked the horizontalness and the larger picture with smaller pictures. But Chase wasn't super crazy about it. Luckily....
















She had one more option and I liked the colors and it was horizontal and I liked the font. Chase liked the brown and the turquoise and the framing around the pictures. We both enjoyed the simplicity and the pictures that were chosen and the way it was worded. So, compromise! :)

4 comments: