Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Eager Bride!

So. Chase and I have about 4 months until we get married.

On one hand it's like: WOOHOO! ONLY 4 MONTHS!! and on the other hand it's: oh man! 4 whole stinkin' months!

We are both SO SO SO excited to get married to eachother!! We're freaking excited to be our own family and to have our own little apartment (and of course for the honeymoon ;) and I'm super excited to be Rachel NORTON!! :) Everyone says it will go by so fast and I'm sure 4 months from now it will seem like it has gone by fast but right now, to me, it feels like it will be FOREVER! and it's an exciting anticipation but it's also just kind of annoying.

Which is why we have considered just getting our immediate families together and our best friends and going to the court house and just DOING IT! And up until it actually was MY wedding...well, I had always told myself that I wanted a small wedding, or atleast wouldn't mind one, but now that it IS my wedding and it's ME and MY fiance and MY special day, I realize that I really do want the big wedding with the big dress and food and dancing and ALL my friends and family there! It's expensive and stressful but I really think it will be worth it on that day. :) And I know, no matter how much he suggests eloping, Chase really wants this wedding too.

We've also thought about eloping and just having the wedding we're planning as more of a reception...but after thinking about praying about that one I realized that I want my friends and family there for the real thing. AND I want Gregg to marry us (my old friend/pastor). It would be so so special. Walking down the isle after all this anticipation, it's all going to be worth it.

SO. Just pray for us, those of you that pray, that we will be patient and enjoy this wedding planning time we have. :)

YAY WEDDINGS AND MARRIAGE!!

4 comments:

  1. I will pray for you! I am still having a hard time even believing that you and most of the people in our graduating class are getting married or having kids, or both. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks Whit! I know! It's pretty freaking crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it through the last few months by counting down to mile stones... like mini count downs! 2 weeks to spring break, 4 weeks to Jeremy's birthday... things like that helped because then it wasn't a huge daunting FOUR MONTHS! You'll make it though!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good thinkin'! We already had presidents day off...what should I count down to next...

    ReplyDelete