Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Marriage Log: APARTMENT FOUND!!



Hello! I know I haven't blogged in a while but Breana's hair blog inspired me!!
So, Chase was living with his brother and sister-in-law in a nice 3 level town house in Holladay but the landlord is nuts and the place was a bit too expensive for what it was worth, some might say. SO. Chase and I began looking for an apartment :) I have never been apartment hunting before! So it was exciting to get to go with my future husband!!

I went on Craigslist and found a ton of places within our price range but...well, let's just say that you can't choose a place primarily on the pictures/info off of the internet...which I wasn't planning on doing, which is good...really really good. Anyhoo, I made lists of the places I liked and made appointments at almost all of them to go see.

The first place was the back end of a house...it was as good as a back end of a house could be except that they probably could have cleared out all the stuff they were storing there and dusted/vacuumed/put tile where the kitchen was/put the toilet against a standing wall instead of the shower curtain etc. etc. Sufficed to say, we did not take that one...

Then we saw a 700sqft apartment that was pretty alright but, alas, the neighborhood was kinda shady and they didn't allow pets which was kind of a downer.

Then we saw a teeny tiny newly remodeled place (a couple actually) which we were considering but we need storage space for our 3 bikes and work out equipment! And room to use our excersize videos!!

ANYWAY! We, eventually found a nice-sized, well-kept, storage-included apartment on the second story in a big complex. :) It has a pool and little gym. It isn't huge but bigger than what we've seen(and for less money), it has these nice TALL windows so lots of light gets in (*thumbs up*), it has a storage unit on the patio, it allows pets, it's in a fine neighborhood, AND you can accent the walls :D Also, it's much closer to work so we will probably ride our bikes when it's warm. The thing that bothers me most is that you have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom, which may be good since it will force us to keep the bedroom picked up. Also, there isn't much storage space in the kitchen which doesn't bother me now because we don't really have anything yet but once we get married I think it will bother me more... we'll see.
The REALLY annoying thing is that I don't get to move in all the way for another 5 months!! LAME!! But Chase will move in now. So, I'm planning on just moving in my furniture stuff, since I don't really use it at my house, and then moving in the rest of my stuff later. :)

here are some pics of the complex.
RIVERBEND
as relaxing as it is charming








2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm so excited for you guys!!:) Having NO storage in the kitchen does suck, but you can't win em all!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, and there is a ton of storage in the bathroom, weird! lol

    ReplyDelete