Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weddin' dress blues











Hey all!

I know I know: two blogs in one day?! What is wrong with this girl?!
I am feeling way sick and have 43 minutes left of work, just trying to make it through.

And I honestly want some ladies opinions on this! I mean, I THINK I know what I should do but...I'm scared so maybe I'm just looking for encouragment lol

SO!!!
I think you have all seen the beautiful pictures of my beautiful dress (put some pictures at the bottom), and I DO love it as is, HOWEVER...the more I think about it the more I want the flowers on it to be just the same blue color and the sash brown with blue embroidery.
So, I DO like the flowers all different colors and that IS what I asked the seamstress to do but I regret my decision and I have a dress fitting with her March 7th in a few weeks and I want to ask her if she will redo it. I mean, of course I would pay her for her extra work, duh! And I will absolutely be willing to take it as is if she doesn't think it's wise to put the dress through more work but it IS MY WEDDING dress and if I'm willing to put forth the money and wait for it then I think it wouldn't hurt to ask and it IS her job to try, or atleast to consider, doing the alterations I'd like...ya know? But I still feel kinda bad because she's put so much work into it already and I really do like it, I just wanted something different than what I originally thought...
I mean, she probably won't be able to do anything about the sash, she's already sewn it on...and I'm wishing I had worked up the courage to ask her this earlier but I can't hurt to ASK, right?

What do you girls think??? Should I just let it go? Or should I ask her about the dress? Encourgment!

3 comments:

  1. I think as long as you pay her for it she shouldn't have any complaints! It's not like you're asking her to do you a huge favor for free... BUT one thing you might want to consider... if she can't fix the sash and all of those flowers stay multicolored will you still want to change the other ones to all blue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about that and I think would CONSIDER it but more likely I would just keep it all the same if she couldn't change the sash. Or I might change the flowers to white...or just have her take them off all together! lol so many options...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel!
    Jeez, it feels like forever since I've talked to you. But I'll post a message on your Facebook wall instead of rambling on about nothing on here...but I actually decided to leave you a comment pertaining to this blog! Lol.

    Anyway...back on track...I think you should definitely ask her to change the dress. Because there's no harm in asking! Wait, that sounded like I think you should definitely change the dress because there's something wrong with it, and that's not the case.

    I just think it's your big day and you're only going to wear the dress once, so it should be perfect and just how you imagine it. My brother's wife actually had a dress catastrophe for her wedding where they ordered the wrong dress for her and she thought she was okay with it, but it ended up making her kind of bitter about her wedding. Not that the dress is the most important thing...but it's pretty important! Lol. Anyway...the point of this comment is...I think you should see what she can do for you!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete