Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wedding flowers much?

Hello my blog-lovery friends!!



So, I have moved on to flowers. That is maybe the one fun thing I have left to plan.



As far as flowers go I've never been much into them/known much about them. I mean, I LOVE flowers but never really took the time to learn anything about them or names or ANYTHING at all. So, when I realized I get to pick out flowers for the wedding I was pretty much completely lost and kind of overwhelmed! So I did was any overwhelmed American does while bored at work needing information, I googled!! I googled flower information or something like that and got some information about flowers...imagine that!

I wrote down just the first ones I saw that I liked in the slightest but they only showed pictures of them in single or small bunches, not bouquets so the ones I wrote down, once I saw them on in bouquets, are not all still necessarily on the list...

here is the original flower list:

Amaryllis

Casablance Lily

Gergera Daisy/daisy

Freesia

Rose

Gardenia

Orchid

Stephanotis

Hydrangea

Here are the revisions to the original list:

Amaryllis - love

casablanca lily - don't like it in a bouquet

Gerber daisy - love

Freesia - don't like in a bouquet

Rose - too fancy

Gardenia - didn't like in bouquet

Orchid - LOVE but didn't like in bouquet and didn't flow with my weddin'

Stephanotis - didn't like in bouquet

Hydrangea - didn't like in bouquet



Before I started my research on flowers I was leaning towards lilies, I thought they were elegant and classic but not TOO elegant or classic haha, whatever that means. But seeing them in the bouquet...eh.



I also want everything to flow which is why I didn't really like the rose option, too fancy for my totally rad outdoorsy picnicy summer wedding! and I like them in red but red wouldn't flow AT ALL.


Most of them were eliminated in the bouquet round...lily, freesia, gardenia, orchid, stephanotis, hydrangea. They were pretty with just a few of them but I couldn't really see me carrying a completely circular bouquet (like the stephanotis) or a cone-shaped bouquet (like the freesia) and I love orchids but I can't picture a carrying bouquet looking all that great. I've tried to see it in my mind, laying them over the arm or something but, alas, it looks weird everytime.



Here is the completely revised list
Amaryllis

Daisy


(I may keep the first list to go back to for when we meet with our florist but for now, it's really just down to these two.)

I've always liked daisies, I have liked them less as I've grown up though just because they seem kind of childish...simple...and they're kinda weeds aren't they? I've had people suggest daisies before or just a bunch of wild flowers, which totally goes with my "theme" but I wanted something a little more elegant than wild flowers, a little more put together, ya know? So I looked up daisy bouquets, just to see what would happen, and was pleasantly surprised! :


I think this is a SUPER DUPER cute bouquet AND it's not ugly or too crazy but still kind of special I think. :)




Then I moved on to amaryllis and was again pleasantly surprised, since I had never even heard of this flower. :) I found a few bouquets I liked with this one! (side note: do NOT like the pearly handle on the first picture below...nope)


AND....
DA DA DAAAAAAA!
it's a pretty turquoise. Now, I don't know if I like having my flowers blue, white is very pretty and classic and I think colored, especially artificially colored, might be a bit tacky? cheesy? cheap-looking?......agree? disagree? let me know.

So, there is is. Meeting with a florist next week sometime, keep ya updated. Leave opinions! I'll listen!...unless you're a random blog-reader and I don't know you..then I probably won't listen...unless you're a florist...then I might....even if I don't know you...okay...










6 comments:

  1. My vote is for the Amaryllis!! SOO gorgeous!! I wouldn't go with the turquiose... i'm leanin towards the tacky end on that one. BUT it's totally up to you!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I agree... that big fat pearly handle thing is hideous haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL yeah, I think the colored flowers might be a bit much...but we'll see! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote also goes for the Amaryllis! I'm also not a fan of the turquoise, it's a bit much. But maybe they can incorporate other colored flowers into the bouquet? But the Amaryllis are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for the amaryllis, i think they make a beautiful bouquet (minus the pearly handle the size of your leg). as for the color, i think it has potential to look good if it were mixed in, but i would definitely have to see it to have a proper opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I have not caught up on blogs for the longest times! I LOVE the choices though! I really like both of them...so I am no help there...but I AM excited for you!

    ReplyDelete