Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas part-TAYs

Chase and I have had a busy few days! But it was the super FUN kinda busy! :D


Friday night we got to get all dressed up (I love to dress up!) and went to the 3form architecture Christmas party at The Melting Pot! After we FINALLY parked, it was pretty fun. We got to know Chuck and his wife a bit better and we ate some DELISH chocolate! (there were other courses but they definitely ended with the best!)

Saturday Chases cousin Josh came into town to do some top secret shopping for a top secret gift...teehee! and I got to clean up the apartment and hang out in the morning (which I love almost as much as getting dressed up) and then I got to go to a fun women's fellowship 'Christmas Cheesecake & Chat' celebration at church!  We had a bunch of different kinds of cheesecake (bite sized pieces so you could try as many different kinds as possible withOUT throwing up) and they also had a bunch of donated prizes to raffle off! Okay, there were about 65 women and about 30 gifts and there were 6 of us at my table...ALL 6 of us won a prize! And my friend, Laurie and her mother, Legoria, kept getting their tickets pulled!! I think each of them had their tickets called maybe 4 or 5 times BUT, being the gracious women they are, they only took two of the prizes haha! I ended up winning a big scrapbooking kit!! I think it's a sign from God that I should definitely keep going with the honeymoon scrapbook! :D


Later that night, after much cheesecake clean up, Chase and I went over to Laurie and Keith's house to exchange Christmas gifts, go to dinner and make gingerbread houses! It was a blast! As most of you know though, Chase and I are a little...well, different.  Just keep that in mind as you look at the gingerbread houses. :)




Chase got a universal remote
(we can now watch DVDs in the bedroom and we can use it to watch netflix on the xbox!!!)




We made laurie a photo book and got her a couple of cheapo DVDs from the gas station, of all places!
(if you look closely you can still see the price tag on them...)




I got this absolutely perfect hair straightener with heat protectant spray stuff to protect my hair from the heat (get it?) It's perfect because I stepped on and broke my other straightener which still wasn't nearly as nice as this one! You'd have to step on this one a couple of times to bust it!





Keith got a CD and a calendar!









Here is Chase, trying to keep it together.




Cute mistletoe!





we warned him...poor little gingerbread man




The Gunnersons' cute little snowman




The Nortons' cute little cheiftan








Sunday we got to celebrate Christmas with the Gregorys, since we will be in price for Christmas (our first MARRIED Christmas!)  :)  We went to my parents' house after Church and we got to open our stockings (my mom does a mean stocking!) Then my mom made us a wonderful Ham lunch/dinner and then we opened the rest of our presents.  THEN we all went to see Avatar!!! And it was pretty dang good.  Everyone in my family enjoyed it and let me tell you, the guys in my family are a bunch of critics! :)  It was a very nice day!



all of our stocking loot! :)



My brothers' idea of setting the table! HA!




           
The Nortons first married Christmas 2009! :)


                                   






It was a grrrrrrrrrreat weekend! And THIS weekend we are in Price with the Nortons! Can't wait!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment