Monday, December 7, 2009

Rockin' around the Christmas tree!


I FINALLY got to decorate our apartment for Christmas!  HUZZAH!  And, might I say, it IS B-E-A-UTIFUL! AND it snowed which normally I loathe but, surprisingly, I really missed it.  I was surprised at how much the lack of snow dampened my Christmas spirit.  But now my lights are up and my half-tree is up and it's snowing just enough and everything is as it should be!


My mom actually gave us a lot of decorations but I was going to wal-mart


Let me tell YOU though, getting these Christmas decorations was NOT easy.  (my mom actually gave us a lot of decorations but I had to go grocery shopping anyway and I kind of wanted to buy our own too.)  I had to work for them!  Because I left it until December to get them and I went to Wal-mart...well...you can guess what Wal-mart was like on a Saturday afternoon in December. Absolutely frightening!  Rember when I said something about everyone being nicer because it's the holiday season?  Well, I meant AFTER they had their Christmas shopping done!  WHILE they're Christmas shopping they are NUTS, myself included!  Cart bashing, rude mumbling, stink eyes.  That was my Saturday afternoon. *sigh* BUT it was all worth it!  It's all done now and I LOVE walking into my cheery, warm apartment after a long day at work. :D


Here are some pictures!



My mom had this littl 3footer sitting around so she gave it to us and it fits perfectly in our shoebox apartment!  I had A TON of Christmas tree decorations that my mom gave us but this lil' guy really didn't need much. haha!





My very first Christmas ornament!







our very first nativity scene as a married couple. (my mom gave it to us)





This was a wedding gift. :) Kind of our first-year-married ornament. Thanks Gregg & Cheryl (who will never read this but I thank them anyway!)



here are some pictures of our advent calendars from my mom! A chocolate every day until Christmas!!! (Chase says he is saving his up to eat them all on Christmas lol)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I haven't been to WalMart in awhile, so I don't know about the mad rushes...but I can certainly imagine!! YIKES! I'm glad you got out alive! I love your apartment by the way! And your little tree is adorable!

    ReplyDelete