Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's December!!





Yay! It's December.  It is officially 'the season' now, in my head it is anyway.  I guess Thanksgiving is part of 'the season' too...right?  Is New Years?  Oh, I dunno.  All I know is that December is definitely 'Christmas time' and it's jolly and good cheer all around.  AND it's the only thing that makes the frigid winter bearable.  I love the Christmas music and the Christmas lights and the delicious Christmas treats and everyone just SEEMS nicer...or maybe I'm just nicer and people act nice to people that are nice? Who knows!

Another good thing about Christmas time is hot cocoa, which I have almost every day.
Also, those advent calendars with the chocolates for each day in December.  yes, my mother bought Chase and I each one this year. :D
AND I love The Night Before Christmas story...who doesn't???

I know I'm getting away from the true meaning of Christmas though.  As much fun as that all is, the whole reason we celebrate this holiday (Christmas) at all is to rejoice in the birth of Jesus Christ.  The one and only begotten son of God.  Even though he most likely wasn't ACTUALLY born on December 25th, it's still the day we choose to celebrate (anyone got another word for celebrate?) him being born on this Earth to love us all and save us all from our sins by being crucified on the cross.  That's a pretty big deal, to put it EXTREMELY mildly. The best way I can think of to honor him would be to share his love with others.  Something I don't do enough throughout the rest of the year.  Christmas time just reminds me to use what God has blessed me with to bless others.  Whether it's using my early day to help out at a soup kitchen or using our extra income to donate to a charity or using Chases love of toys to shop for less fortune kiddos.  I'm done rambling.  If you disagree you can keep it to yourself, no one is gonna ruin my CHRISTmas cheer! :D 


PS
I'll be going and buying our Christmas decorations (our VERY FIRST Christmas decorations as a married couple!) this weekend and putting them up and, don't worry, I'll be taking many pictures and putting them up immediately. I know you were all very concerned as to when I would get this done...I hope this information has helped.

PPS

can't wait to find a Christmas background!!

1 comment:

  1. I see you found the (or "a") Christmas background.

    Keep on bloggin'...we'll see about your suggestion that I have a blog. I think the problem is, who would be more horrified, the folks at church or the folks who know my crude internet personae?? Or both? And that would be bad, mmmkay?

    ReplyDelete