Friday, July 10, 2009

Mexican Honeymoon: Day 2

Day 2: Monday
Monday morning we had to meet with Best Day Travel. This was the company that shuttled us to and from the airport and we had to meet with them to basically let them know what time we needed a ride back to the airport. We were supposed to meet them at 9:30am so we set the room alarm clock for 8:00am so we could get some breakfast and get ready and stuff but, weird thing, none of the alarms we set EVER went off at the time we set them for! It was so strange! So, anywho, we woke up on our own around 9:29 so we called down and let them know we would be late and they said "Sure, just come whenever." We're not in America anymore...haha! So, when we did go down to meet with them we also scheduled a pirate ship dinner cruise with them! It was for that evening. :) Our first fun paid-for activity in Mexico!

It was A LOT of fun!! we went on this ship and we were introduced to Captain Jack Sparrow (on Captain Hook's ship) and his crew and they did a dance for us and gave us drinks and they just stood around telling jokes for awhile and then they started the games. They grabbed 4 guys from the crowd and they had to do a beer drinking contest. It was a little more complicated than just drinking bee though. They had to run around their stools 3 times and then run across the deck to their cup of beer and get on the floor and drink it with a straw and then run back to their stool. It looked pretty difficult considering the boat was a rockin and they were dizzy from spinning around their stools and beer is disgusting too so...yeah. A man from England won that.

Then he was calling up ladies from the crowd and, surprise surprise, he picked me. I was freaking out because I don't drink and the first thing the capitan did was nick name me Barbie (original) then he said, "welcome to our TEQUILA DRINKING CONTEST!!!" And I was thinking of how I could get out of it immediately!!! These people LIKE their tequila! Then he said "Just kidding. No tequila drinking. WET T-SHIRT CONTEST!!" and I thought I was going to pewk haha! There were three of us girls and he asked each one of us if we drank tequila, luckily there was a girl besdies me who didn't haha! And he asked me if I would rather do a tequila drinking contest or a wet t-shirt contest and I told him I was going to jump off the side of the boat! Haha I'm hilarious.

Anywho, it ended up being a contest where the Capitan asked us to get as many pairs of shoes as possible from the people in the crowd. It was a little scary but I got into it and WON! Woohoo!! At first the capitan said my prize was his little person crew memeber Tatu. haha! But then he gave me that bandana I'm wearing in the pirate picture above and an eye patch!!

Later we got a delicious steak dinner and then we BATTLED another ship!! By we I mean our crew battled their crew! There was sword fighting and all sorts of stuff! And then they had a little dance party! :)

Sidenote: on the way home this cute dad guy walked past us and said, "Honeymooers! If you're thinking about having kids, don't wait. best thing that ever happened to me." awwww!


That is the other ship off in the distance!

1 comment:

  1. Haha umm yeah I think I would have died if they told me I had to choose between a tequila drinking contest and a wet t-shirt contest!! I'm glad you got away with just doing the shoe thing haha!

    ReplyDelete