Friday, July 17, 2009

Mexican Honeymoon: Day 4

Day 4: Wednesday

So, Wednesday we were supposed to go to Tulum and another one of the palace resorts but our alarm didn't go off...again... We ended up getting up and going to the tour bus stop and just missing it. I wasn't too terribly sad just because I was feeling pretty beat and Friday we were supposed to go to Chichen Itza (or "chicken pizza" as some people call it.)

So, we went back to the room and I fell asleep and Chase went down to reschedule our trip to Tulum (because he is sweet) and then he ordered room service for us. :) So, when I woke up we had some yummy breakfast waiting!!

THEN we decided to go on the "shopping tour" which is really just a tour bus that takes you to another palace resort and you walk to a high-end mall (comparable to gateway) and you shop and have free lunch at the palace resort and they pick you back up in like 4 hours. We decided to go to finally find me a swimming suit! It was pretty fun but REALLY HOT! It seems to be really freaking hot unless you are RIGHT near the beach. We DID find me a swimming suit and it was bright orange and Chase got me a cute cover up too.

After they picked us up and took us back to our resort we went swimming and laid out on the beach and then we went to dinner later that evening. :) It was a nice day!

PS
the pictures are really in NO particular order at all. Just all from that day.



Chase felt like a tourist in his Hawaiian shirt that my mom gave him and wearing my big camera around his neck haha!


Chase hates putting on sunscreen. He doesn't like the "greasy" feel it has.


There were iguanas all over! This one we found by the side of the road on our way to the mall!



This is one of the palace resorts, pretty beautiful!



This is our "we WILL find a swim suit today!" face...and we did!




This was the ONLY store in the mall that sold souveniry type stuff! I thought we would be shopping in downtown Cancun...like cheapo shops and stuff. *sigh* no such luck.



This is where we FINALLY found my swim suit!



1 comment:

  1. That water looks soooo gorgeous! I'm glad you found a suit because that would just be sad to be in Mexico and have no swim suit!

    ReplyDelete