Friday, July 10, 2009

Mexican Honeymoon: Day 3

Day 3: Tuesday Ello all!! Tuesday we had a tour to Isla Mujeres. I guess it's the island of women? (Not a direct translation.) So we got on the tour bus and they took us to a fun beachy place where we got on a boat that took us to the island. :) It was a party boat. Everything there was party-themed. I am not a big partier so I got tired of it pretty quickly. It was a beautiful day and the ocean was soooooo turquoise-y!! The ride was fun but I kind of wished they had just stopped talking and playing music and just let us relax and enjoy the view.

The Isla Mujeres tour included an activity which was either snorkeling or a guided tour of the island. I wanted to do the guided tour and Chase wanted to do snorkeling. They said we could probably do both but then we wouldn't have time for lunch and we have figured out the hard way that I don't do well with out food so we couldn't do both.

We went snorkeling which was a lot of fun. I was a little scared at first because they just take you out to the middle of the ocean and shove you off the boat!!! haha just kidding! But they did pull up to this rocky area and just kind of let you off and you just went around and kind of followed the group. I just didn't know what to expect and you have this thing covering your eyes and nose. I freaked out a little at first. And I kept getting water in my snorkel tube dealy. Swallowed a lot of salt water. And apparently I kept breathing out my nose and pushing my mask away from my face and THAT'S how I kept getting water in my eyes. Anywho, there was a guide and he would swim around and try to find fish to show you. He said there weren't many fish because the water was so rough! I dont' have any pictures from there but Chase took a whole lot of underwater video! I'll have to post it some day. :)

After snorkeling (which I really did enjoy!) they took us to another palace resort to shower off and eat lunch and rest by the pool. You see, we stayed at the Moon Palace resort and there are a lot of different Palace resorts all over Cancun and we got free stuff from all of them. :) So we went there and ate and sunbathed (in my one piece) and got ready to be picked up for the third part of the tour.

The third part of the tour was shopping!! :) Chase and I didn't have much money with us that day but we had enough to get some souvenirs and a ring for me and some water. It was QUITE hot! I guess if you're not RIGHT directly next to the water the temperature rises 100 degrees!!!!!

Then we took the boat back to our palace resort and went to our candle light dinner! :)

Also, this was the night, I think, when we found out the jacuzzi tub was shooting mold out of the jets...eeewwww! They moved us to a different room!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh that mold is nasty! I'm glad they moved you to a new room!

    ReplyDelete