Sunday, February 7, 2010

catching up :)

SO.  I have some stuff I wanna say and instead of doing a post for EACH...thing...I'm just going to do it all on ONE post. Get it?  Okay.



1) Knitting  --  I have my last knitting class this Wednesday.  It went by so fast! I deally I wanted to have the teacher, Heidi, show me how to bind off last week and talk to her about scarf patterns and then by the last class (this week) I would have some scarf done and she could show me what I was doing well and what I could work on and then I could finish it on my own.  As it were, I have just continued practicing.  As you can see in the pictures below, I HAVE DEFINITELY IMPROVED! :)





2) Photography class  --  I have only made it to one photography class so far.  You know, the one where you all have to stand up and introduce yourselves and you learn what you will be learning in the class over the next few weeks.  SO, I haven't learned a whole YET. 
   My assignment last week was to take pictures of relationships.  Well, I got sick and didn't take a whole lot...a helmet + bike and yarn + needles...  *sigh* I'm kind of dissapointed in myself but it's strange to HAVE to take pictures of a CERTAIN something.  It's all new to me. 
   This week our assignment is to take pictures with light as the subject.  I missed talking about it last week but I understand what the assignment is and I have a review that my teacher sent me so I'm going to just do it and then the teacher, Mark, can critique them later.   
   I have been writing Mark emails because 1) I had questions 2) He told us to call or EMAIL with any questions 3) I much prefer email over calling.  SO. I email him three or four times, each email with two or three paragraphs of questions, concerns and comments and he emails me back with this:

Got your Images, Missed you in class
Get better quick and see you next week
Mark
 
So...obviously emailing isn't the best form of contact. I don't really understand why he even put his email down on the syllabus...but WHATEVER! That's how that's going.
 
 
 
 
 
3) Crumb  --  I still loooooove him! He is super fun but I think he is going through his angsty "teenage years" because he is puffing his beard a lot more and flattening out his body too. 
   The other day he was doing is "glass dance" and he really seemed like he wanted out so I got him out and I was sitting with him on the couch and he just took off running back towards his terrarium. He ran off the ottoman and when I went around to pick him up he looked up at me from the floor and puffed out his beard! I was too scared to pick him up so I made Chase get him and he was NOT happy.  (his beard really IS scary.) 
   We love when he is sleepy and wants to snuggle though.  The light seems to be bothering him more and more so he finds any dark, warm place on us and snuggles on down! Here, Chase had the perfect collar for him to fit under. :) He looks so cozy.
 
 
 



4) Frozen Hog  --  Chase was in a mountain biking race!!!  Yes, there is an annual race in Alipne, UT every February, in the snow.  It's for those hardcore mountain bikers that can't stand staying inside aaaalllll Winter long!  It was a race but Chase wasn't really trying to win.  It's probably a good thing just because they were terrible conditions!  Apparently it warmed up just enough to, not melt the snow away, but just enough to make it extra slushy! So he biked maybe 2 miles out of the 7 mile race haha!  The rest was just running with your bike.  He said he was glad he did it though and he got to ride his new bike, which was SUPER exciting AND his new helmet camera, alos SUPER exciting! :D  I was very proud of him!



That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment