Friday, February 5, 2010

My achin' kidneys

So, as most of you have heard by now I have a kidney infection.  I guess it's not too bad because I'm at work today and I feel alright. 

Quickly: the story of the most sickiest I've ever been in my life COLON life or death SEMI COLON when I had my kidney infection COLON The Rachel Norton Story

I had a strange and unfamiliar stomach pain a week or so ago but it went away after a couple of days so I didn't worry about it then it came back last Saturday night and Sunday morning I woke up shivering, with my stomach hurting, aches everywhere and dizziness so I got in the shower (that usually makes me feel better) but I couldn't stop shivering and I just felt dizzier so I went back to bed (called in sick to church..can't remember ever doing that) and Chase and I just laid around aaaaaalllll day long.  I woke up the next morning, not feeling much better, but went to work Monday and Tuesday because we weren't familiar with the symptoms and figured it was just some weird flu/cold type thing that I could sleep off.  If we were the responsible adults we sometimes don't claim to be we would have a thermometer and would have taken my temperature and realized I had a ridiculously high fever (102.something...I think) and we probably would have gone to the doctor much sooner.  Well, once we finally went to the doctor, because I was only feeling worse by Tuesday night (had to miss my 2nd photography class boo!) we went to the doctor finally and after I described my symptoms it was determined I had a kidney infection.  The doctor told me we came in just in time and these things can get very bad and since I had such a high fever and had had the stomach pain for so long they needed to give me a shot of antibiotics (IN MY BEHIND might I add) in addition to the pills they would send me home with. 

Anticipation of questions COLON
-Don't know how I got it exactly
-I'm on Ciprofloxacin. 2 pills twice a day.
-It has effects on my bowels, dehydrates me and takes my dairy away. Also, I think it's making me more anxious and giving me nightmares (those were listed on the side effects list...I am a hyphocondriac sort of though so I could just be imagining those last couple) BUT it's making me better AND it's better than shot in the butt every day! (or a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, right mom? ;)

Any other questions?

So. Pain in the stomach. Could be a kidney infection. Probably just go see a doctor for any unusual pain in the stomach. Agree? Sure you do!

Anywho, I always talk about how I never get sick and I'm a super hero or that guy from Unbreakable, the movie...I guess he was sort of a super hero...I get what was probably strep throat and a kidney infection in the span of probably 30 days.  *sigh* My body is starting to wear down finally.  22 years. Not bad.

So, I'm feeling better.  I think it will take more than a day or two to get completely well (not very Unbreakable of me) but, I'm feeling better. :D







PS
I have this compulsion to blog. When I think "I wanna blog about that later." it nags and nags at me until I do it.  I really like blogging, I fear it's because I just like talking about myself and my life and me...need to work on that, so it's not a bad kind of nag but it's like a compulsion because I can't get it out of my head until I get it on the blog!  Unfortunately I also have this compulsion to add pictures to every post (because I HAVE pictures for EVERY post) so I don't ever feel like blogging until I have my pictures and lately I keep forgetting my pictures any place I'm not.  *SIGH* so I'm going to blog about my classes soon! You just WAIT!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Concerning the doctor, better late than never right! Hope you're back 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're feeling tip top now! Kidney infections sound like no fun at all... darn wearing-down immune system!

    ReplyDelete