Saturday, January 23, 2010

I loooooove my apartment

So, my friend Crissy (who is one of my favorite bloggers ever) recently posted this post about what two things she likes best in her house and I thought "that looks like fun. I like things in my apartment." So I decided to do it too!!! Even though she didn't ask me to or tag me or anything.  There are no rules in the world of blog right?


Hm...I like a lot about my apartment.  It's the first place I've lived besides my parents house AND the first place I've lived with my husband! So, it's kinda special to me. SINCE I like so much AND there are no rules in the world of blog, I am uping the number to 5 things I like about my apartment!!! :D (I feel so free)


Here goes...


5 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY APARTMENT:


1) The accented walls!   I know it's kinda silly but I think the fact that we could accent the walls kinda pushed this apartment complex over the top for me.  I just like a nice looking place and the more you make it your own and make it feel like home, the easier it is to stay there for a few years, which is our plan.







2) The BIG windows!!  I have been living in basements for QUITE a while! My bedroom at my parents house, then Chase had a ground floor apartment then he was in a basement at the townhouse...so I was spending a lot of time in the dark and then we got this lovely apartment and we're on the SECOND floor and we have these BIG windows that let in A TON of light! And we don't even look out onto the street or anything! It's just wooded area and we saw 4 deer there the other day! It's magical. :)  (it's not a very sunny day in this pic)



3) Our new bookshelf and how it holds all my photo albums AAAANNNNDDDD Crumb's living appartus!





4) Our new pully thing for the shower! :D (I'm including the maintenance on this one because we asked for a new pully thing and we got one the very next day!!!) it's annoying to take a shower when you have to spend an extra 10 minutes pulling up the thingy for the shower.  After that, my fingers hurt too much to take a shower!







5) The stray cat that hangs out next door.  I named him Sylvester and the people next door got him a bed (although he never lays in it) and they put out food and water for him!  I put out cheese for him sometimes too. He is a really mangy-looking cat but he is SOOOOO cute. (Don't have a picture of him. He's very sneaky)

1 comment:

  1. In response - the 5 things I hate about our apartment:
    1. It is a basement apartment. As mentioned in the blog, basements are dreary and dark.
    2. Our kitchen is the size of a small closet. It has a two person max capacity
    3. Our dishwasher is broken - and unlike said wonderful maintenance, ours is not that wonderful.
    4. No closet space - although this is probably our fault due to the massive amount of crap that we have.
    and the thing I hate the most:
    5. Our contract. It requires us to spend an arm and a leg to break it thus making us stay in them for what seems forever

    sorry to ruin a very optimistic blog, I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete